Thursday, October 20, 2011

Club 27

Today in my Young Adult Literature class, we talk about bully and self-esteem. For me, this issue is very common among young adult in Malaysia nowadays. From what I have learned from this class, young adult are those in the range age of 11 to 18. If Im not mistaken la.....

Well, today we learned about a short story entitled 'A letter from the fringe'.
It is indeed an interesting story; basically it shows how a young adult get through life as a bully victim. Want to know more about this story? The short story is compiled in a book entitled 'In short: How to teach young adult short story'. So, if you are interested you can read it from that book.

Within the discussion, one of my friend talked about something to do with celebrities who died at the age of 27 years old. I don't quit know how our discussion got to it but it just did. You want to know what is this CLUB 27? Well, I am generous enough to link the information for you. So, click here.
Basically, this is a club to remembered all the famous celebrities who died at the age of 27. When I went through all the websites that talked about this club, I am overwhelmed to see how many celebrities who died at such young age.

Some of them are;
Jimi Hendrix

Kurt Cobain

And the most recent celebrity that joined the club is;
Amy Winehouse

There are many others that I am not familiar with but if you want to know more about them you can visit this website ---> Click me Forever 27

I don't know whether it has to do with anything supernatural but I guess when you are too out of control and you don't know how to stop, it will just stop it for you. I don't want to talk about religion here because I am not so religious myself but at least I have my believe and that believe is we are all guarded by a power that we call God and maybe this sounds cliche but I guess when He call you, you just can't ignore his call and you will go to Him no matter what.

So, this is it. Until next entry.....stay happy....stay in love....and most important of all....STAY ALIVE!!!.....

No comments:

Post a Comment