Here are some facts why I think swimming is good for you;
Swimming builds a strong foundation for a lifetime of good health, by teaching healthy fitness habits.
- Swimming develops high quality aerobic endurance, the most important key to physical fitness. Swimming uses every precious minute of practice time developing fitness and teaching skills.
- Swimming does a better job in proportional muscular development by using all the body's major muscle groups. No other sport does this as well.
- Swimming enhances children's natural flexibility by exercising all of their major joints through a full range of motion.
- Swimming helps develop superior coordination because it requires combinations of complex movements of all parts of the body, enhancing harmonious muscle function, grace, and fluidity of movement.
- Swimming is the most injury-free of all children's sports.
- Swimming is a sport that will bring kids fitness and enjoyment for life. Participants in Master's Swimming programs are still training and racing well into their 80's.
There you go, read and think. Don't just sit around and complaining about your weight. It does nothing good to you. =)
- Competitive swimming is a family affair and community affair. Swimmers develop lasting friendships with their fellow competitors.
Facts taken from: http://swimsask.ca/summer/summer_2.htm